Boker Tree Brand Knives
Boker Tree Brand Knives is known to be the first company that has introduced ceramic knives to the marketplace. The company was founded by Hermann Heuser and Robert Boker in 1879 in Solingen, Germany. The brand is a leading knife manufacturing company that sells good in Germany, Canada, United States and all over the world. Ever since the brand is in the market, its blades, knives, and cutlery are popular and appreciated worldwide.
Boker offers a growing product line of tools, Boker fixed blade knives, Boker folding knives and knife sharpeners that are very successful on the market. The company is spread across the globe in multiple countries as different branches and manufacturing items in German, United States of America. The company offers over 80 specialty series of knives catering to knife collectors, hikers, campers, travelers, hunters, and adventure enthusiasts.
Manufactured in A Tradition of Excellence That Began Years Ago
Solingen is known as the ‘City of Steel’ and is home to the finest quality kitchen knives, scissors, razors, and fine swords. The company uses modern technology and traditional knife making techniques to manufacture the tools and to ensure durability, quality, and functionality. The company has a logo of a Boker Tree, which was once towered outside the original Boker factory decades ago. The huge chestnut tree symbolizes, how the company stands tall even after witnessing and suffering history’s most shattering events like World Wars. The timeless journey and superior quality products display the years-old dedication, craftsmanship and hard work of the founders and employees of the Boker and Co.
Expect Great Ergonomic Designs
Boker products are highly durable and reliable due to their sturdy material construction. The company has never compromised with the look of the products to ensure their durability and it always delivered the best of both to the customers. The dedication and determination behind the company are evident in every knife it ever creates, which now encompasses a huge assortment of styles built to match every knife user. Boker Products are manufactured from inputs from German engineers’, military, police and combat experts. The products are tested at every production procedure to ensure quality construction.
The History of The Boker Tree Brand
A huge chestnut-tree towering above the small Boker hardware-factory in the 17th century is the oldest traceable fact about the Boker family. Apparently Boker tools were phenomenally successful in the market as they were ranked among the leading manufactured goods in Germany and neighboring countries hundred years later on.
Due to rising demand in a politically restless era Hermann and Robert Boker decided to start with the production of sabers in 1829. Inventories of September 1830 had already proven a weekly production of 2000 pieces made by 64 blacksmiths, 47 edge grinders and many workers and trainees. With a permanently growing product line of tools and cutlery and the great opportunities of global sales, the family saw the need to distribute the tasks to make the best use of their interests. Hermann Boker emigrated to found Boker & Co. in New York, whereas the younger Robert established his company in Canada and in 1865 a branch in Mexico, being the market leaders under the name of Casa Boker until today.
Heinrich only crossed the river Wupper to go to Solingen, where the German cutlery industry was booming. Together with the well-known cutlery expert Hermann Heuser he founded Heinr. Boker & Co. in 1869 in Solingen, German.
The Boker family in Remscheid and their cousins overseas were very interested and in demand of razors, scissors and pocket-knives from Heinrich´s new enterprise. They had to label their products in a simple manner for overseas markets, as many customers had problems spelling the German name Boker - apart from the widespread analphabetism. Heinrich considered the chestnut tree as an ideal, memorable logo which belonged to the Remscheid company with an arrow as well. One of the rare and precious documents which survived the destruction of World War II is an ad of Boker Remscheid from 1874, showing both logos.
The relationship between the two Boker companies has always been very friendly. Heinrich could take the Treebrand with him across the river without any troubles or payments. Since then, not a single product has left the Solingen factory without this sign. After over 100 years of existence the venerable tree was cut down by a strike of lightning in 1925. A gifted artist carved an image of the majestic tree into a piece of original trunk which adorns the CEO´s office in Solingen.
The US market quickly became Boker's largest and most important sales territory. In 1900 most of the production was shipped to the US and H. Boker & Co. in New York was more and more concentrating on products from the Solingen production. The demand for pocket-knives soon beat that for other products like scissors or razors. The demand on the products increased faster than the production capacities in Solingen, so the Bokers’ from New York decided to start their own pocket-knife production to which pliers and other multi tools were added later on into production.
World War II
Because of the tree-brand being well established by then and the good understanding within the international Boker family, there wasn´t any problem to get permission from Solingen to use the tree-brand for American made products as well. Since then, there have been two different product lines of Boker knives on the US market with identical logos and sometimes even identical item numbers; one product line Made in USA, the other product line Made in Solingen, only to be differentiated by the markings "Boker USA" or "H. Boker Improved Cutlery Solingen".
During World War II the contact to the US stopped as Germany was the main enemy. The Solingen factory was destroyed with no remaining machines, tooling, catalogues or samples. The few old originals we have at our disposal today survived the war, because they were in private ownership and have been provided to the Boker company after the war. The company also lost one of its most precious commodities: the tree-brand registration was seized according to US law. John Boker jr. bought it in New York to save it for the further sale of American and German products. Soon after the war new life awakened in the destroyed factory. The former craftsmen came back and helped to reconstruct buildings and production to regain the high standards of production quality that had been established when the founders started making the first Boker Tree Brand tools.
Restoring their business relationship with Solingen, the American cousins placed first orders. Within a few years Boker New York was the main customer again. The models 7588, 7474 and the old flagship model 182 couldn´t cross the Atlantic Ocean fast enough to reach Boker friends all over the country.
In the early 1960's Boker USA was sold to the well-known scissor manufacturer Wiss & Sons who kept up the production of Boker knives to sell them with other Solingen products. Boker scissors disappeared from the market, being a competitor to Wiss. In the early 1970's Wiss was sold to the multinational Cooper Industries. This change proved benificial for Boker, generating a close business and personal relationship with Cooper, who restored the name of Boker to its former grandeur.
During the eight years this active relationship lasted, Solingen was able to rationalise production and to develop new and innovative products. Today Boker offers the broadest range of sports and collector´s knives with an unmatched variety of blade and handle materials. Cooper stopped their own knife production in 1983. Original models are still in production in Solingen. Three years later Boker Solingen reacquired the rights for the American brand as a result of friendly negotiations with Cooper and was therefore in the position to enter the huge American market on it’s own. Boker USA, Inc. was established in Denver In July 1986 , Colorado. Since then Boker USA is operating very successfully in the North-American markets.
In 1983, the subsidiary Boker Arbolito S. A. was also founded in Buenos Aires. The main products manufactured there are household and professional knives, as well as high quality hunting and outdoor knives in traditional design. Thanks to the pioneer work of the Boker family in South America in the 19th and 20th century, the name Boker Arbolito is very well established and connected to high quality cutting tools the South American markets of Argentina, Chile and Mexico. Due to the high importance of the North and South American markets for the Boker Manufactory Solingen, the company logo has been showing the names Tree Brand and Arbolito in addition to the Boker logo since 1947.
A Growing Inventory of Knives, Cutlery, Knife Sharpeners and Much More
With over 80 different types of knife series, Boker caters to the needs of almost everyone who wishes to own a tough and reliable knife at an affordable price.
Boker Tree Brand Knives by Series: This series features a wide variety of different knives which includes tactical knives, outdoor knives, folding knives, and hunting knives. Most of the knives in the series are manufactured from the finest quality stainless steel that features abrasion-free and rustproof qualities. These knives are great for cutting, self-defense and removing splinters. It includes product series like Boker German Expedition Knife, Boker Kalashnikov Knife Series, and Boker Red Bone Handle Knife Series.
Boker Accessories & More: The range features distinctive looking and innovatively designed pouches, knife sheaths, bottle openers, tactical pens, and caps, manufactured in China. The accessories are developed precisely by skilled and experienced craftsman using durable and high-grade material. Boker Accessories are designed to be used in multiple tasks/activities that includes camping, traveling and trekking.
Boker Multi-Tools: Boker offers a wide range of portable, multi-functional and versatile hand-tools manufactured in Germany. Most of these multi-tool knives feature a spear/small clip blade, cap lifter, can opener, corkscrew, leather punch & reamer, and flathead screwdriver.
Boker Stockman Pocket Knives: The everyday carry pocket knives are manufactured in Germany and China. The Stockman folding knives feature around three or four blades that include stainless spey, clip, and sheepsfoot blades. The knives are perfect to perform various tasks and can be used as a self-defense tool in risky situations. The sturdy handle material includes stag bone and jigged red bone, which provides a slip-proof and comfortable grip to the users.
Boker Trapper Knives: The series offers reliable and highly durable trapper folding knives manufactured in China. Most of these knives feature high-grade stainless carbon clip and spey blades. The handle construction is the major highlight of the collection. The slip-proof handles are manufactured from Jigged red bones, stag bone, titanium, cocobolo wood, and carbon fiber. The handles are compressed securely with the blades using nickel silver bolsters.
Magnum by Boker Knives: The series features great ergonomically designed magnum pocket knives with US Navy Seals. These knives feature three main features that include ultra-secured Linerlock mechanism, seatbelt cutter, and a glass breaker. Boker Magnum series features different knives including throwing knives, starfighter knives, hunters’ knives, and fixed blade knives.
Boker Lockback Pocket Knives: Boker folding knives offers great functionality and durability due to their sturdy construction and sharp blade designs. The series offers reliable and safe folding knives with lock back mechanism, that securely lock the knives by using a spine system on the back spring that snaps into the blade’s heel when opened/closed. The everyday carry knives can be used for cutting, opening, slicing or self-defense.
Boker Hunting Knives: These hard-handled knives are highly preferred by hunters as they are durable and highly functional. This uniquely designed range offers different knife blades that include gut hook hunter blades, wood saw blades, drop point blades and clip point blade. The range is produced in different manufacturing units like Argentina and Germany.
Boker Fixed Blade Knives: These knives do not fold. They are meant to be worn on a belt. Many men and women use a Boker Fixed Blade knife in their occupation and others use them out in the field or at the campsite. Listed below is a in-depth look at majorly of the Boker fixed blade knives available for purchase at this time.
- Boker Applegate Knife Series: These Boker knives are suitable to be used for combat, survival and many more tasks. These knives are manufactured using the 440C stainless steel double edge blades with brass guard and etched with Applegate and Fairbairn signatures. The strength of these blades is commendable and withstands high compression and pressure. The functionality is superior and provides optimum protection to excessive wear and tear.
- Boker Arbolito Knife Series: This Boker series is specially designed to cater hunters as these fixed blade knives offer guthook blades and many other styles. These blades have stainless steel, full tang construction. The lightweight knives are ideal for cutting game as well as safeguarding use. The handles on this knife are sturdy and have a comfortable to grip, also come in a variety of different colors and materials.
- Boker Cub Knife Series: These knives feature full tang satin finish Bohler N690 stainless steel blades and black canvas micarta handles. The Cub knives include a lanyard hole and brown leather belt sheath for safety and convenient carry. The knives lightweight construction makes them easy to transport.
- Boker Gobec Knife Series: This series features knives that are manufactured using classic Solingen 4034 stainless steel. The blades have the ability to withstand high compression and survive even after the roughest uses. Gobec knives have maple wood handles along with a gentle slope integrated offering a secure and firm grip. The overall structure complements the knife and looks classic.
- Boker Integral Knife Series: The series covers a vast range of fixed blade knives. These knives include a leather belt sheath which makes them an easy carry. The blade is made of 440C stainless steel and has a full tang construction. There are some knives that are outlined for aggressive usage and have larger blade and a
- Boker Pine Creek Knife Series: This series is particularly designed to cater hunters as these knives offer sharpness, strength, and durability. The blades have T6MoV stainless steel construction. These knives feature a leather belt sheath, lanyard hole, and genuine stag or Guayacan Ebony wood handles. The lightweight knives are great for cutting and piercing objects and works equally well as a self-defense tool in hostile situations.
- Boker Pry Mate Knife Series: The series includes fixed blade indestructible knives that are recognized for its vintage appearance. Popular among the knife enthusiasts and collectors, these knives are available in N690 stainless steel blade. These knives are best survival gear and provide a strong grip for cutting and combating. The knives are exquisite for hunting, hiking, camping, and trekking.
- Boker Saga Knife Series: Boker Saga Series covers a range of fixed blade kitchen cutlery with high-performance blades for precise cutting. This series allows you to browse through individual knives or knife sets. These sharp-blade knives are designed specifically for kitchen applications like cutting, chopping, slicing or dicing. The G-10 handles of these knives provide a firm and secure grip for constant usage. Most of these kitchen cutlery knives come with a durable and protective sheath to provide safe and easy storage. These knives are the must-have kitchen essentials for everyday and camping use.
- Boker Savannah Knife Series: The series includes the high-performance knives that are designed using qualitative N690 stainless steel. The use of this blade material helps in enhancing the quality and performance of the blades as well. These knives include lanyard hole and leather belt sheath. The Ram’s horn, stag, and canvas micarta handles of the knives are wide and comfortable enough to be used for a long duration.
- Boker Smatchet Knife Series: The Smatchet Knife Series includes high-performance tactical machetes with excellent means for hacking work. These knives are constructed with N690 stainless steel blade and green canvas micarta handles. These well-built knives offer many uses for outdoorsman as well as an alluring collector item.
- Boker Trench Knife Series: Boker has been manufacturing survival knives for the Ministry of War since 1915. The Trench knives are used as official combat knives as they offer more strength and sharpness. These knives are made from carbon steel to give more rigidity and to enhance the durability. Some of these knives are available with a black coating which prevents them from corrosion.
- Boker Vollintregal Knife Series: This category of knives includes high-performance knives that are outfitted with full tang Amboina wood handles, making them perfect to use for heavy-duty tasks. One of a kind, Boker only made 343 of these exquisite knives so supplies won’t be available long. These functional knives features a lanyard hole and leather belt sheath making them more desirable amongst trekkers, campers, and other outdoor enthusiasts.
Boker Folding Knives
- Boker 1674 Knife Series: These backlock knives includes high-performance knives that are equipped with 440C stainless steel blades and desert ironwood handles, making them ideal to use for hunting and everyday use. These knives were established when the Boker family first registered the coat of arms with the famous tree as "private brand" in 1674. The 1674 is a limited edition, only 343 pieces were made; includes certificate of authenticity.
- Boker 20-20 Knife Series: The 20-20 knife series includes medium-size pocket knives with two blades; the largest blade (features etching) on the knives is the clip blade and directly behind the clip blade is a smaller skinner blade. Exhibiting a classic design, the knives are easy to carry. These knives offer high performance– thanks to the carbon steel blade.
- Boker 3000 Knife Series: Great for all kinds of outdoor adventures as well as indoor use, these Boker lockback knives are equipped with stainless steel drop point blades making them corrosion-resistant and durable. The attractive handles are made of Amboina wood with a pocket clip for an easy carry. Boker only made 343 of these appealing knives ensuring they will make a great addition to your classic collection.
- Boker Anso Knife Series: Anso Knife Series features the premium quality knives that are meant to be used by the professional knife users, hunters, trekkers, and survival experts. Many of the knives have two-tone or satin finish Bohler N690 stainless Wharncliffe blades. The handles are made of G-10 or Amboina wood fronts with titanium backs offering excellent hold without strain on the hands.
- Boker Appaloosa Knife Series: This series concentrates on folding pockets knives with Appaloosa Bone handles. Many of these knives have carbon steel clip and skinning blades or clip, spey and sheepsfoot blades perfectly made for hunters and campers. Regardless of style the master blade has the brand logo etching. The unique handles incorporate nickel silver bolsters with custom Boker Tree inlay shield. Its lightweight construction makes an impressive EDC.
- Boker Aurora Knife Series: This series includes the superior knives that are designed using high-grade 154CM stainless steel. The use of this blade material helps in enhancing the quality and performance of the blades as well. The Aurora series includes knives made using a framelock blade locking mechanism. The radial milled two-tone anodized titanium handles of the knives are wide and comfortable enough to be used for a long duration.
- Boker Boy Scout Knife Series: The manufacturer offers a huge innovative range of folding and hunting knives which is easy to carry and greatly demanded by travelers, knife collectors, and campers. These lightweight Boy Scout knives have Bohler N690 stainless steel clip point blades. This series feature necessary attributes like lock back mechanism and lanyard holes assisting in safe transport.
- Boker Camp Knife Series: This series offers a huge assortment of multipurpose everyday tools. All products are made of high-quality 4024 stainless steel. Camp knives are a must-have during traveling and extremely demanded by campers and outdoorsmen. Each product of the series is uniquely designed to cater to different needs; these knives include spear and small clip blades, cap lifter, leather punch, reamer, corkscrew, and flathead screwdriver.
- Boker Cinch Knife Series: The knives under this series combine the innovative design and high efficiency in the folding pocket knives. Outfitted with safety mechanisms, the knives remain securely open. The AUS-8 stainless blades with a strong tip ensure precision and performance; many being partially serrated. The series includes extra-thin knives that are comfortable and easy to carry.
- Boker Congress Knife Series: Congress pocket knives are available in different models varying upon size and handle material used. The knives in this series have stainless or carbon steel sheepsfoot, spey, pen, and coping blades; making for long-run use. All products are stamped with the Boker Logo to make them more authentic and reliable.
- Boker Copperhead Knife Series: The everyday pocket knife series includes lightweight knives with standard edges. The knives in this series are compact and offer a sophisticated look. The stainless and carbon steel clip and skinning blades are deliberately molded to survive under high compression. The dramatic tones of these knives convey a classic look to the knives.
- Boker Cronidur 30 Steel Knife Series: The manufacturer offers an assortment of knives made of Cronidur 30 steel confirming longevity and strength. The knives are built strong and durable and have a clip blade and finger grooved Grenadill wood handles. These are perfect for outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, and camping as well as everyday us.
- Boker Filmam Knife Series: Accomplish a variety of tasks with rust-resistant stainless-steel linerlock knives. The handles of these knives are made of beechwood, these knives allow an easy hold to perform the toughest tasks during fishing, hunting, camping, and other outdoor adventures. This series was named after the factory in which they were made; Filmam Factory out of Palacoulo, Portugal.
- Boker Gorski Knife Series: This series of Damascus knives are intelligently created by Wilfried Gorski. These premium quality knives include a black presentation box with translucent window, perfect to showcase items of this class. The Gorski handles and blades are both made of Damascus steel. Being a limited edition of only 199 each knife is serialized and come with a certificate of authenticity.
- Boker Gulo Knife Series: Designed to be an EDC, the Gulo knife is compact and lightweight. Made with supreme quality stainless steel, these knives are sharp, precise and made to last. The handles are made from G-10 which decreases the weight of the knife and offers a non-slip and comfortable grip.
- Boker Kalashnikov Knife Series: These Linerlock Pocket Knives are primarily the best self-defense knives in the production line being officially licensed by General Mikhail Kalashnikov. These knives have stainless construction and offer excellent strength to withstand high compression. Provision of the drop point and standard blades make these knives most preferable. Use of aluminum handles allows the user to hold knives firmly throughout the task.
- Boker Kingpin Knife Series: The knives under this series combine the innovative design and high-efficiency in the folding pocket knives. Outfitted with thumb slot and linerlock features the blade securely locks in the open position. The stainless standard edge blade with a strong tip ensures precision and Hogstrom hole pattern handles aids in its excellent performance. The series includes lightweight knives that are comfortable and easy to carry.
- Boker Leopard Damascus Knife Series: The Leopard Damascus series consists of Damascus steel blades forged out of the German battle tank Leopard I. These high-grade blades offer precision and durability. The handles of the Leopard are constructed from aluminum with Grenadi Wood, Desert Ironwood, Rose Damascus, and Ziracote Wood inlays. These knives are notable for knife enthusiasts and are of a higher-quality material that will not dissatisfy.
- Boker Old Bear Knife Series: This series offers you with a selection of folding knives that are equipped with aged, oil-treated walnut handles. The 420 stainless-steel construction of the blades provides resistance to rust and corrosion, making them durable. All the knives in this niche are manufactured with innovation in design and accuracy; these knives deliver superior performance in indoor or outdoor atmospheres.
- Boker Optima Knife Series: The knives of this product series have 440C stainless steel blades. This everyday carry knife comes with high-standard Genuine Stag or black Delrin handles. These knives are great for hunting, camping, collecting, and EDC and are made with quality material which makes them a strong and can be used for a long time. The Optima knife is immensely popular amongst knife enthusiasts.
Boker offers warranty against any defects in the material and manufacturing of the product. The company is liable to repair any defected product if found or replace it with the new item. Boker Tree Brand Knives fail to repair some of the products due to unavailability of the parts and other related items. In such a situation, the company will replace the product with the closest matched item. The company provides no warranty on automatic, butterfly knives or any altered products. As per the brand’s policies, if the item is misused or mishandled by the user it will not be replaced or repaired. The tools should not be used as hammers, pry bars, screwdrivers or chisels.
A superior knife for every style.
The passion and perseverance behind the Boker brand is evident in every knife they create, which now encompasses a huge assortment of styles built to match every knife user. For those who value a perfect balance of price and performance, Boker Magnum knives are an entire brand devoted to cost-effective quality. For those looking for the high-end sports cars of knives, then our Boker Plus showroom is where you'll want to spend the rest of your visit. Featuring German engineering and input from an international team of military, police, and combat experts, Boker Plus knives have been tested and field-proven by professionals the world over. One entry in the Plus series, the Lucas Burnley-designed Boker Kwaiken knife, has been a smash hit and boasts one of the most intriguing designs we've ever seen -- you need to check it out for yourself.
A knife for every need.
You don't need to be a combat veteran to appreciate a high-quality, versatile knife any more than you need to be a chef to appreciate a good meal. Boker knives are crafted to a higher standard because sometimes getting the job done, even if that job is just everyday life, depends on the quality of the tools you keep with you. That's why, in addition to traditional fixed blade and hunting knives, Boker also specializes in products such as folding and pocket knives, linerlock knives, even a famous line of straight razors for an unstoppable old-school shave that the plastic throwaway razor you're using now will never, ever match.
Browse Through the Huge Selection of Knives at Knife Country USA
Knife Country USA is one of the most reliable dealers in the knife and outdoor tool industry. Having a flourished inventory, which includes more than 30,000 models of pocket knives, fixed blade knives, hunting knives, butterfly knives, machetes, flashlights and knife sharpeners; Knife Country USA gives you a huge variety of options to choose from. The online store has a huge selection of premium outdoor accessories and survival gear, manufactured and supplied by some of the elite brands across the globe. You can find an array of tactical gear from over 700 name brands including Buck Knives, Case Knives, Cold Steel Knives, CRKT Knives, Gerber Knives, Kershaw Knives, SOG Knives, TOPS Knives, Victorinox Swiss Army and many more. A superb megastore with an expanding product line, you can always trust Knife Country for quality and variety! Call us today if you need further assistance as we are here Monday through Friday for help.
Top Selling Boker Tree Brand Knives
- 110728 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$35.213 3/8" closed stockman
- 112020 DEL by Boker Tree Brand Knives$101.255 1/4" Closed Hunter.
- 110722 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$39.713 5/8" closed four blade congress
- 110723 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$35.213 3/4" closed copperhead
- 01BO400N by Boker Tree Brand Knives
$62.64$45.414 5/8" Closed Button Lock
- 114525 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$142.46 Free Shipping4 1/8" Closed Trapper
- 110743 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$35.213 1/4" Closed Pocket Knife
- 09BO001 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$18.71Black with Embroidered Brown Tree Brand Logo
- 110093H by Boker Tree Brand Knives$74.964 1/8" Closed
- 01LG242 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$22.467 3/8" Closed
- 01BO401N by Boker Tree Brand Knives
$62.64$45.414 5/8" Closed Button Lock
- 01YA101 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$22.464" Closed Linerlock
- 99949 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$14.21Clear acrylic construction with six shelves and Boker logo
- 01MB334 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$17.963 3/4" Closed
- 112002TH by Boker Tree Brand Knives$186.75 Free Shipping4 3/8" Closed Lockback.
- 01BO021 by Boker Tree Brand Knives$24.713 5/8" Closed Lockback