Click for a message from Josh Use Coupon Code HIGHFIVE during checkout.
Knife Making Supplies
The performance of a knife is directly proportional to its overall construction. Knife making is a sacred art, and there are many methods to consider. Some of the more popular methods include stock removal, forging to shape, welded lamination, and investment casting. Depending on the knife maker’s preferences and available materials, different knife making methods can be used. Knife Country USA carries a large selection of knife making materials and knife making supplies for any craftsman.
An Insight into Knife Making
We would like to share some of our knife making wisdom with our customers:
- The blade is often the most important component to take into consideration. To get the design of your dreams, graph it first on paper. You can then narrow down to the style that you are looking to contruct. Once you know what your DIY Do-It-Yourself knife design is going to be you can shop our Knife Making Blanks Blades section to puchase the proper knife blank for your project.
- You can be creative with your blade’s design, but make sure that its functionality and practicality remain unchallenged.
- Decide on the blade’s tang length. It’s easier to opt for full tang construction as we carry more full tang knife blanks than push & rat tail tangs. An addition plus to full tangs as it is easier to attach handles and the knife's overall is much stronger.
- By attaching two pieces of wood on both sides, you’ll be able to make the handles as thick or as thin as you prefer. Listed under our Knife Making Handles you will see a wide selection of handle materials.
- Try to opt for stainless steel blanks if you want something that does not rust and needs less care after product. Or you can go for high-quality Damascus carbon steel blank that is harder than stainless and every Damascus Blank looks unique with it's layer ripples. All of our blanks are heat treated and come pre-sharpened (unless stated otherwise).
- The blade’s thickness should be between 1/8 inches and 1/4 inches when casting your own blade. All the knife blanks that we sell are in between thise specs.
- Cut the metal into a rectangular shape and grind it as per the blueprint.
- When finished with heat treatment, don’t waste time. Start sanding the blade using finer grits of paper.
- Cut the handles into a desired shape, and drill for rivets later.
- After inserting rivets, use a saw to make the final cuts and adjust the handle accordingly.
Get the Assurance of Quality
Knife Country USA is an established online retail store that specializes in knives and knife making supplies. To ensure that our customers get only the best deals, we procure our increasing range of knife making materials from leading brands like Becker, Knife Blanks, and Jameson.
Browse Through the Huge Selection of Knives at Knife Country USA
Knife Country USA is one of the most reliable dealers in the knife and outdoor tool industry. Having a flourished inventory, which includes more than 30,000 models of pocket knives, fixed blade knives, hunting knives, butterfly knives, machetes, flashlights and knife sharpeners; Knife Country USA gives you a huge variety of options to choose from. The online store has a huge selection of premium outdoor accessories and survival gear, manufactured and supplied by some of the elite brands across the globe. You can find an array of tactical gear from over 700 name brands including Buck Knives, Case Knives, Cold Steel Knives, CRKT Knives, Gerber Knives, Kershaw Knives, SOG Knives, TOPS Knives, Victorinox Swiss Army and many more. A superb megastore with an expanding product line, you can always trust Knife Country for quality and variety! Call us today if you need further assistance as we are here Monday through Friday for help.
Top Selling Knife Making Supplies
- BL0121 by Knife Blanks
$7.70$6.303.75" Stainless Upswept Skinner Blade
- SO-BL11 by Knife Blanks
$12.10$9.3510" Overall Upswept Skinner Knife Blade
- SO-BL6 by Knife Blanks
$13.20$10.209" Overall Clip Point Hunter Knife Blade
- SO-BL7 by Knife Blanks
- BL0S34 by Knife Blanks
- 13419329224 by Knife Blanks
- BL086 by Knife Blanks
- SO-BL12 by Knife Blanks
$16.50$12.7512" Overall Coffin Bowie Knife Blade
- BL-7821 by Knife Blanks
$8.69$7.118.25" Overall Upswept Clip Point Knife Blade
- BL-007 GUARD by Knife Blanks
- BL-DM2709 by Knife Blanks
$35.75$24.387" Overall Damascus Skinner Knife Blade
- BL106 by Knife Blanks
- RRCS4 by Rough Rider Knives
$13.18$10.18Custom Shop Small Lockback Knife Kit