Click for a message from Josh Use Coupon Code HIGHFIVE during checkout.
Explorer Compass is an ultimate addition to the adventure kit. The brand offers an array of compasses and outdoor survival gear that can be easily worn and carried when on the move. Most of the compasses from the brand include an extended base plate and an inch ruler. The compasses ensure accuracy up to 10-miles scales for USGS 1:24,000 and 1:62,500 maps. Offering a top-notch navigation system, the Explorer Compass products are pocket-friendly and easy to carry around.
Diving Deep into the History of Compass
Invented over 2,000 years ago, the compasses are the conventional navigation system. The first compasses were made using lodestone, a magnetized stone of iron, in Han Dynasty (China) between 300 and 200 BC. Over time, the science of crafting compass evolved, and several innovations emerged. Some of them are discussed below:
- Dry Compass:The Dry Mariner’s Compass has three elements- a freely pivoting needle on a pin enclosed in a little box with a glass cover and wine rose. These compasses were used by sailors and mariners for their unique navigation system.
- Bearing Compass: A bearing compass is a magnetic compass mounted in a manner that allows the taking of bearings of objects by aligning them with a lubber line. It is the specialized compass that offers accurate headings of landmarks and measures horizontal angles to help in making maps. The bearing compass was often used by orienteers, outdoorsmen, and army officers.
- Liquid Compass:The liquid compass features a magnetized needle or card that is damped by fluid, protecting the needle against excessive swing or wobble, improving readability while reducing wear.
- Gyrocompass:Innovated by French physicist Leon Foucault, gyrocompass was widely used in World War I and modern aircraft. The navigation instrument indicated true north and was unaffected by ferromagnetic materials like steel hull of ships.
Understanding the Relevance of Compass
Before the advancement of technology and the birth of GPS, the compass played a key role in guiding the travelers while moving through the forest or to the sailors on the voyage. The compass was the only portable directional guide to count in for survival. The pocket compass has always been a go-to for professional guides, military personnel, and outdoor enthusiasts. Known as the workhorse of navigation instruments, the magnetic compass is important for three reasons:
- The magnetic compass offers real-time headings, no matter where you are— on a boat that is dead in the water, on a plane, or moving against an ongoing tide.
- The compass helps to establish direction and position on your own. Even if you are stuck alone in the wilderness you can easily navigate across the environment without the need for assistance.
- The navigation instrument plays a significant role as a direction finder underground. Often employed for tunneling, the compass is standard equipment of the miners.
- Highly preferred by mariners, the compass does not require any electrical power to function.
- While GPS offers more accurate readings, the compass can still pinpoint your current position on a map and helps establish future trajectories in a matter of minutes.
Resolving Your Doubts about Explorer Compass
Explorer Compass products are designed to best suit the requirements of rock climbers, adventure enthusiasts, survival experts, and outdoorsy people. The brand offers a diverse range of outdoor lifestyle products such as fire starters, wire saws, whistles with compass, emergency survival blankets, and compactly-sized microscopes. Explorer Compass products are made with premium-grade materials which can withstand rugged outdoor use. A majority of the compasses feature acrylic construction or composition casing that makes them durable enough to endure the impact. Some of the whistles are made with high-impact thermoplastic for durability. The brand offers lightweight survival blankets which can be carried with absolute ease. The inventory also includes wire saws made with stainless for remarkable durability.
Explorer Compass Product Categories
Explorer Compass: The category covers a selection of carabiner compass, baseplate compass, folding compasses, scout sighting compass, a pocket compass, and more. Each compass is unique in its way, designed to meet the dynamic demands of scouts, travelers, hikers, campers, sailors, and adventure seekers. A majority of the compasses feature floating needles, oriental lines, 360-degree markings, orienting arrows, rotating dial, the direction of travel arrow, parallel lines, and scale rulers. The collection also includes waterproof compasses, designed to meet the requirements of fishermen and mariners. The inventory features a variety of multipurpose paracord bracelets that serves as a whistle, compass, and fire strike. Explorer compasses are designed with top-grade materials which can survive in extreme weather conditions, offering reliable performance.
Explorer Fire-Starters: Comprises a brief range of fire starters that are commonly used by travelers, campers, hikers, survivalists, and adventure enthusiasts for building emergency fires. Explorer fire-starters are compactly sized, enabling hassle-free carry. Most of the fire-starters feature ignition steel and stainless striker that resists general wear, offering durability.
Explorer Microscopes: The category covers a range of microscopes featuring LED’s, eye lens, objective lens, and focus adjusting lens barrel. A majority of these microscopes allow for 45x magnification, offering a clear view of tiny objects from a distance. These microscopes are a great choice for trekkers, mountaineers, rock climbers, and adventure enthusiasts.
Explorer Survival Blankets: Comprises a range of emergency survival blankets that offers ultimate comfort in extreme weather conditions. These blankets offer optimum warmth during winters and can keep the user cool during the summer seasons. Designed to protect against extreme cold or heat, the Explorer Survival Blankets would make a great addition to any survival kit or camping gear. These survival blankets are compact, occupy a small footprint, and can easily fit in any travel bag.
Explorer Whistles: The collection includes an array of whistles featuring a built-in compass and a Celsius/Fahrenheit thermometer. Equipped with a cord, these whistles can be around the neck or tied to the backpacks. A majority of the Explorer whistles are made with high-impact OD thermoplastic construction that remains immune to abrasive factors and can outlast years of use. These whistles can be used to send alerts and would make a great choice for trekkers, travelers, survival experts, adventure enthusiasts, and outdoorsy people.
Explorer Wire Saws: The category covers an assortment of ring wire saws, specifically designed to meet the demands of adventure enthusiasts and outdoorsy people. These saws are a great choice for cutting branches, tree stems, limbs, and more. Explorer wire saws come equipped with generously sized finger rings that allow the user to easily use them. The wire saws are made with fine-grade stainless steel that resists abrasion, ensuring durability. Boasting a lightweight design, these stainless saws can be conveniently carried in backpacks.
Warranted Against Defects
Explorer Compass Products believes in providing the best quality products to the customers. The products are free of any manufacturing defect in terms of material and workmanship. The brand will replace or repair the new item in case of a defect. However, the brand is not responsible to replace the tools in case of normal wear and misuse. This is to be noted that Explorer Compass products are intended to be used only as stated and not as hammers, chisels, pry bars, or screwdrivers. The repair department will analyze the damage in such a situation and charge reasonable fees for the repairs.
Shop at Knife Country USA for Explorer Compass Products
Knife Country USA is your one-stop destination for high-performing utility knives, outdoor gear, survival equipment, camping essentials, and more. A family-run business based in the USA, Knife Country homes an array of survival gear products and kitchenware. Look for products from the leading brands in the USA including Explorer Compass products, one of our best-selling brands. We offer best-in-class outdoor lifestyle products, wire saws, whistles, compasses, fire-starters, and more. Our customer services include a convenient shopping experience backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
In case of any query, connect with us through call (800) 342-9118 or send us an e-mail anytime. We would be happy to handle your knife-related doubts and offer you the best options possible.
Top Selling Explorer Compass
- EXP16 by Explorer Compass
$2.75$2.252.63in. Overall compass
- RO208 by Explorer Compass
$5.50$4.50Scout Sighting Compass with Clear Acrylic Construction
- DC27L2 by Explorer Compass
$3.30$2.702.63in. Overall compass with thermometer
- R0106 BLACK by Explorer Compass
$2.20$1.804" overall keyring compass
- EXP25 by Explorer Compass
$2.75$2.252.75in. x 2in. In diameter Compass
- KD351 by Explorer Compass
$3.30$2.701.88in. in diameter compass.
- DC45-2A by Explorer Compass
$8.78$7.183in. x 2.25in. x 1.13in. Closed compass
- EXP40 by Explorer Compass
$5.50$4.5027in. Overall Ring Wire Saw
- DC45-5A by Explorer Compass
$2.75$2.254.25in. x 2.38in. In diameter compass
- E-014C BLACK-EXP61 by Explorer Compass
- DC45-3A by Explorer Compass
$6.60$5.403in. x 2in. x.88in. In diameter Compass
- EXP18 by Explorer Compass
$2.20$1.801in. in diameter compass
- DC27T2 by Explorer Compass
$3.30$2.702.63in. Overall Carabiner Compass with Thermometer
- H3-1 by Explorer Compass
$3.30$2.70Black Emergency Whistle
- 20706 / EXP62 by Explorer Compass
- RO347 by Explorer Compass
$5.50$4.50Folding Compass with Black Composition & Green Acrylic Construction
- H4-1 by Explorer Compass
$3.30$2.703.13in. Overall Emergency Whistle
- K30T2 by Explorer Compass
$2.20$1.803.25" Keyring Compass