United We Stand! Use Coupon code "UNITED" and save 10%. Thanks and have a blessed day.
Melon Tester Pocket Knives
Melon Tester Pocket Knives On Sale
Are you in the market to purchase a new Melon Tester pocket knife? It is not happenstance that you are here at Knife Country USA. We stock and sell 1 model of the Melon Tester pocket knife from leading manufacturers in the cutlery industry. Whether you are an avid collector or just looking for an everyday carry Melon Tester knife to use at home or at work; we can help you with selecting the proper Melon Tester to suit your needs. Now that you know you are in the right place lets dive a little deeper into the Melon Tester pocket knife.
What is a Melon Tester Pocket Knife?
A Melon Tester knife also known as a “traditional Melon Tester pocket knife” or “old fashion Melon Tester knife” is a two bladed pocket knife. These blades are made of stainless steel. The blade configuration is as follows; the largest blade on the Melon Tester is the clip blade and on the opposite side of the knife is a pen blade. Both of the blades are slip-joint non locking blades (the backspring of the knife creates a “snap” that keeps the blade from closing). Melon Tester knives usually have two polished nickel silver bolsters. These bolsters can be squared or rounded depending on the exact model.
How big are Melon Tester Knives?
Melon Tester pocket knives average around 5 inches overall closed. The smallest are considered Tiny Melon Tester Knives followed by Small Melon Tester Knives then Standard or Medium Melon Tester Knives and the largest are Large Melon Tester Knives. The most popular of all the sized is the medium/standard, these knives are normally around 5 inches closed.
What types of handles are available for Melon Tester Knives?
That is where the real question comes in; Melon Tester knives just like all other traditional pocket knives are offered is a wide variety of handle colors and handle materials. Some of the most common handles are Smooth Bone and Stainless. You can then get into rare exotic handles like Mammoth Ivory, Mother of Pearl, Black Pearl, Japer and Turquoise. Basically, the sky in the limit and as a customer you can really pick and choose to make your Melon Tester Knife personalized to you.
How to care for your Melon Tester Pocket Knife?
As with any knife; with proper care maintenance of your Melon Tester Pocket Knife will insure that your new Melon Tester will last a lifetime. Follow the steps below and you will be rewarded with a great tool.
- Always keep your Melon Tester blades sharp: It is much easier to touch up a blade with a medium or fine grit sharpening stone than wait for the edge to be totally dull and have to reshape the edge. Plus a sharp knife is always safer to use compared to a dull one.
- Clean out the inside of your Melon Tester knife: Dirt, dust and lint all collect on the side of your knife where the blades lay when closed. Also around the tangs of the blades is an area that needs to be cleaned regularly.
- Oil your knife: It does not matter of your knife has stainless or carbon steel blades. It is important to keep a thick layer of oil on the blades and pivot points of the knife. This will keep your Melon Tester blades moving properly and will help prevent rusting.
What brands are manufacturing Melon Tester Pocket Knives?
Listed below are direct link to brand pages on Knife Country USA. These are the top 10 ten brands that are manufacturing Melon Tester pocket knives currently.
Top Selling Melon Tester Pocket Knives
- 28846 by Rough Rider Knives
- SS105RB by Schrade Knives
$28.83$11.535 3/4" closed melon knife
- KB127 by Rough Rider Knives
$30.45$12.185 3/8" closed melon tester